Skip to main content

Officiants & License Information

Marriage Ceremony Officiants

  • Judge John T. Wallace (Municipal Court) -- contact Michele Bell at 740-385-2250
  • Frank Marteney (Affordable Weddings) -- 740-385-0707
  • Derek Mills (Traveling Chapel) -- 740-385-1687
  • Randy Strickland (Hocking Hills Chapel)-- 740-332-8803        
  • Chase Waits (4 Seasons Hideaway) -- 740-215-3023

* Many of the Inns also have a qualified person on site.

How to obtain a Marriage License if you intend to marry in Hocking County

If you live in Ohio, but neither of you lives in Hocking County: You must obtain a marriage license in the county in which at least one of you resides. You must get the license before coming to Hocking County for your wedding. Ohio Marriage License information is below.

If you're not from Ohio *or* If one of you lives in Hocking County: Obtain your license at the office below. Marriage license requirements follow.

Hocking County Probate Court
Court House
Main Street and Market Streets
Logan, OH 43138


ID Requirement: Government-issued ID such as driver's license, visa, passport, state ID. You need to know your social security numbers.

Residency Requirement: Do not have to be a resident of Ohio. You must apply in the county in which you want to get married.

If previously married: Bring a certified copy of a divorce decree or a copy of the deceased spouse's death certificate.

Application Requirement: Both parties to a marriage should appear in person to obtain the license.

Fees: $60. Cash only.

Waiting Period: No waiting period.

Blood Tests: No tests.

Under 21: If you are 18 to 21 years of age, you will need to show your birth certificate. Persons aged 16-17 must have consent to marry from parents or legal guardians and may have to contact the Probate Court.

Officiants: Any ordained or licensed minister of any religious society or congregation within this state may perform marriages. Before performing a marriage, ministers must present their ordination credentials to the probate judge of any county. The judge will provide the minister with a license to perform marriages. The minister must then present his license to the probate judge in any county in which he performs a marriage. Ministers must send a certificate of marriage to the probate judge of the county which issued the marriage license within 30 days after the marriage.

Valid: License is valid for 60 days. The license can only be used within the State of Ohio.